Friday, June 4, 2010

Evening Photography

Kelli and I learned how to use our cameras correctly to take more creative photographs. My little camera didn't work quite as nicely as Kelli's camera...I also couldn't do all the cool things she could..but it puts it in perspective when you are taking a photo. She taught us to look at light, where you position your subject in the frame, etc..

This also gave me validation to go out and get a nice camera!

I took more pictures than what I am showing..these are just the half way decent ones

These type of sculpture deals were all over the place...really cool looking!


Some weird looking palm tree


From the bottom looking straight up


Macro setting up close on a cactus


Another cactus


Loved the light coming through the tree...got a thumbs up from the teacher :)


An Agave Cactus..another thumbs up from the teacher



Weird blueberry looking things on this tree


The prickly pear cactus (took this to show how purple it is)


This is the best shot of the night for me


This was coming out of a cactus..it was over 9 feet high I would say..looks like a corn on the cob


Just a nice shot of the waterfalls in front of the resort


So there is a long story to this photo..but the jist is our teacher had her worst photo picks of each year...and one similar to this was the one for 2009...so Kel and I thought it would be funny to take the exact same shot that she hated oh so much...we laughed really hard when we were doing it...


Another beautiful flower


I think Kel and I took quite a bit away from our evening photography walk/class and besides that we had a lot of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment